8/19/2014

Who Is This "Laura Moss, Fitness Coach" Anyway?

I thought it was time to share a little bit more about myself and my life. So here goes...

I was born in Fremont, California, but only lived there for a few months. Most of my childhood was spent moving around to various parts of Orange County, right in the vicinity of Disneyland. Yes, I got to go there several times as a child. In fact, we went at least once every summer when I was growing up. I have always been a Disneyoholic and would have LOVED to go much more often than that, but money was more of a hindrance than location. At least we could enjoy the nightly fireworks. One apartment we lived in was so close to the Happiest Place on Earth, that we could watch the fireworks every night from our patio.

My parents divorced when I was around 8, leaving my mom to raise me and my two younger brothers. She remarried a few years later and she and my step-dad went on to have 4 more boys! Yes, you are counting correctly... I have 6 (count 'em, SIX!) brothers. They are all crazy, but I wouldn't trade any of them. Not long after brother number 3 was born, my dad's employment took us north where we relocated to the Great Northwest. We lived for 5 years in the Seattle area and then eventually settled in Portland, Oregon.

Now I consider myself a transplanted Oregonian, webbed feet and all. I don't love the rain, but I love all of the green and I'm willing to put up with the wetness in order to have all of the beauty. If you've never visited the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I welcome you to come here and visit sometime. We have mountains, trees, beaches, rivers, waterfalls, and more. It's where I hope to live out the remainder of my life. I love to travel and visit other places but there's no place like home.

One of my favorite places is the Oregon Coast. Rain or shine, it's always beautiful. Especially during a sunset. It's my happy place. I also love all of the rivers and hiking trails we have in our area. Some of my other favorite things to do are: yoga, kickboxing, hiking, running, reading, writing, watching movies, baking, crocheting, singing, and traveling. I just recently returned to school, now that my youngest is a teen. I'm studying Creative Writing and have a dream of becoming an author.

I met my husband here in Portland. The ironic thing is that he was also born in California. His parents moved up to Portland when he was a baby. It took me a little longer to get here, but God made sure we both got here eventually and found each other. We've been married almost 25 years now (crazy!). God sent us two biological children and then two adopted children. Girl, boy, girl, boy. It wasn't easy getting any of them into our family and we love all of them very much.

Going through everything we had to go through to build our family has made my husband and I extremely close. We are best friends and love to spend time together. We are both sci-fi nerds and Trekkies. We share a love for Marvel movies, traveling, hiking, and good food.

When I was growing up, my mom sold Tupperware. I helped her with her business, so it was a natural fit for me to be a Tupperware Lady when I got older. I've also had other home based businesses over the years including: candles, scrapbooking supplies, handbags, and most recently I was a Pampered Chef Lady. I've always loved working with people, but I kept moving from business to business because I just couldn't find one that I was truly passionate about. Then I found Beachbody.

I LOVE being a Beachbody Coach because I can combine my love of helping people with my passion for fitness and health. I am currently working on getting myself back in shape and Coaching gives me the accountability to stick with it. I have spent many years yo-yo dieting and struggling to find a weight loss program that I could stick with. I'm loving 21 Day Fix because it is finally teaching me portion control. And with my daily Shakeology, I no longer fight the cravings that used to make it impossible for me to be consistent with healthy eating for life. 

I finally feel like I've found the road to health and wellness that's going to take me through the rest of my life. No more yo-yo-ing! This is it, baby! Finally getting my life back and taking control of the wheel. No more letting life control me, weight control me, food control me.

This is why I Coach. I want you to know what I know and find the passion in life that I have found.

I deserve it.

And So Do You!

No comments :

Post a Comment