8/07/2014

What Is Your Why?


































Why? It's a simple question, really. Why are you doing what you're doing? Are you really thinking about your 'Why'? Or are you just going through the motions?

If you don't focus on WHY you are doing what you are doing, then you are eventually going to lose interest, momentum, and enthusiasm for it. Even people with the best of intentions, when they first start out on something, often end up losing focus because they don't have a clearly defined 'Why'.

It's important to define your 'Why' for many different aspects of your life. Career. Hobbies. Relaxation. Sports and Recreation. Physical Fitness. Social Life. Community and Volunteer Work. And So On.


Ask yourself:

-Why is this important to me?
-Why am I doing it? Is it something I'm passionate about?
-Why did I start this in the first place?
-Why am I still doing it now? Is it still working for me?


After asking yourself this series of questions, you may decide you need to make a change in your life. Never be afraid of change. So many people are and they stunt their own growth because of a fear of the unknown and a fear of failure. Don't be afraid to try something new. And don't be afraid to fail. Failure makes us human. It makes us who we are. It makes us better. 

I am who I am today because of failure. A LOT of failure! Who hasn't failed? Some of the most brilliant, famous, successful people in history were and are some of the BIGGEST failures of all time. You wanna know why? Because they weren't afraid to try. They weren't afraid to fail. And they NEVER gave up!

You may need to ask yourself another 'Why?' question: Why am I so hesitant to try? Are you limiting yourself because you believe you are not worth it? Maybe you think you are too old. Too overweight. Too poor. Too busy. And so on.

These are all just excuses that you are using to hold yourself back. And, as I said before, they are all based on fear. The only way you are going to overcome that fear is (as Nike made famous): JUST DO IT!

Yep! Just dive in and do it! Try! Be adventurous! Be brave! You'll never know until you try. Do you really want to get to the end of your life and have regrets? Wonder 'what if?'. Nah! That's no fun!

So, let's say you muster up your courage and try something new. Let's say you decided to start a new career. A home based business. Something in the fitness genre. Hey! We're talking about me! Yep! That's what I did. I decided to become a Fitness Coach!

Why? You may ask.

(Go ahead. Ask.)

I have always wanted to help people. I have always had a dream of doing something in healthcare or fitness. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a nurse. My mom has pictures of me dressed up as a nurse when I was young. Then I grew up and found out that I don't like dealing with blood and needles. 

So that was out.

I thought about teaching fitness classes. Thought about being a trainer. Thought about being a Life Coach. But I knew my own weight struggles were holding me back.

Then a friend told me about being a Beachbody Coach and I knew I had found the answer to my literal prayers. I could help other people reach their own fitness goals AND I could get the help and accountability to reach mine.

Was I scared out of my mind to jump into this new career? ABSOLUTELY!!

But I did it anyway! And I am still on this journey and excited to help people on theirs.

But I know WHY I'm doing it.

Because I want to have the best quality of life that I can and I want to help others do the same. 


What is your 'Why'?



(Tune in next time for a follow-up post about Vision Boards)

No comments :

Post a Comment