7/08/2014

It's Never Too Late. It's Just A Lot Harder When You're Old.

I started doing a program called the 21 Day Fix just about a week ago. I really love it! It's simple to follow and easy to stick to. I've done many weight loss programs in the past, but this one has the best combination of exercise with nutrition I've ever seen. The eating program is well balanced and really teaches portion control like no program I've ever done before. I also include a Shakeology protein shake in my day, and I have so much more energy and no hunger or cravings. Best part of this program is I have no feelings of deprivation whatsoever! Loving it!

Unfortunately I am really frustrated with my workouts right now. My body just doesn't bounce back like it used to when I worked out 20 years ago. I know I will reach my goals, but it's just going to take a little longer to get there. <Insert heavy sigh> Thankfully I have worked out and been fit in the past. There is something called 'muscle memory' which is an amazing thing. Because I have worked out a lot over the years and have been fit before, my muscles remember what that feels like and as I'm starting back to it, they are waking up and saying, "Hey, I remember doing this before! Yeah! This feels good! Bring it on!" Unfortunately, though, being in my upper forties works against me. I have already had some pulled muscles that I've had to nurse, which forces me to slow down and take the exercises with caution.

I'm a faithful person and I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen it do amazing things in my life. In my prayers this morning, I asked for healing of my shoulder that has been sore over the last few days. I've been doing rounds of 15 minutes each of icing and heating, which has helped. But I was worried because today was an upper body workout and I really wanted to be able to do it. I know the Lord blessed me. He truly does care about ALL aspects of our lives! I was able to complete nearly all of the workout this morning. I did listen to my body and went slower and with lighter weights at times to make sure I didn't over do. It's a really good thing that I'm doing so well on the nutrition portion of the program since I'm not able to work out as hard as I would like. Guess I'm going to be praying for my abs now. I seem to have a pulled abdominal muscle, as well. It stinks to get old. All the more reason that I want to stay fit this time around so I can feel younger and have more energy going into my 50's and beyond!

No comments :

Post a Comment