7/10/2014

Does God Care About Your Physical Health?


I have this sign on the wall in my office. I look at it every day. This is my new mentality. No matter what, I do not quit. I do not give up. I keep going. Even when life throws me a curve ball. I refuse to quit.

The sign has been helpful of late. I mentioned in a previous post, that I was dealing with some injuries due to getting active again after letting myself go. And also I am old. At least the injuries made me feel that way. But staying in the "No Quit Zone" has helped me pull through. That and God. Yes, I said God. There is no doubt in my mind that there was divine intervention involved in my healing process. I woke up yesterday morning wondering if I was even going to be able to work out. I was so discouraged and frustrated. The previous day, my workout had been less than stellar. I didn't really feel like I'd even gotten much of a workout, to be truthful. My pulled ab muscle made it difficult to do a lot of the exercises without pain and I ended up sitting out several of the exercises on the 21 Day Fix dvd. Thankfully I've been doing really great on the eating portion of the program and getting my Shakeology in every day. But, still, I was frustrated. I really want to see the results of the program and be a testimony that it works. And I didn't feel I could do that if I wasn't fully able to do the workouts.

So, in my daily morning prayer, I asked the Lord to please help me heal and be able to do the whole workout. I told him that I wanted to be an example to others and an encouragement to those struggling with their own weight and health issues. And you know what? I went and did that workout. ALL of it. With no pain. And I cried. It was nothing short of a miracle. Never doubt that God knows you, listens to you, and loves you. And He cares that you take care of yourself. But more importantly, He cares that you pay it forward. And that's what I intend to do.

1 comment :